Monday, October 3, 2011

Joanna.

I have something exciting to tell you! The other day, specifically last monday, I went out to the track. Picture this: I was whiting out something on our go-cart track poster, and this sweet little voice behind me says "excuse me, do you know where the bus terminal is?" it's literally 100 degrees out, I'm dying of heat, and I'm thinking, no, I have a car, why would I ever know such information? This lady was, black, sweating, at least 67 years old, and exhausted. I could just tell. So I thought, lets ask someone. No one was around. Shoot. So I think google it on my phone. I said screw it, I'll just take her to a terminal.

Now listen here, I'm NOT one to pick up strangers, and take them in my car. I'm a smart girl. I carry around a stun gun and I always watch my back. But I had a feeling. Whats funny is that on sunday, I was listening to the boys baring their testimony's saying, " I pulled over and changed a tire for this lady.. blah blah." I was thinking, thats sweet, I wish I could pull over for people when I see them off the road but being a girl, we have to be careful. I always see grandpa's and grandma's aka old people walking around and I want to pick them up and take them home! I would want someone to do that for my Grandma ya know? Sadly, I've never done that... but always wanted to....

SO, back to my story! I look at this lady and say let's go find this terminal. We drive to 7-11, ask the cashier, he says we're close. YAY! So, I got directions and took her there. We had a little convo while I was driving there. She thanked me MILLION times. What was funny is I was thanking her and she was so confused. I have been wanting to serve or help people, but didn't know where to start! I emailed someone about volunteering and the response I got was it had to be court ordered community service! Are you kidding me? okay, so I have to be a felon or do something illegal in order to help people? Screwed up. Anyways, I found the terminal, we chatted, I thanked her, she thanked me. I'm just thankful I could help someone with something I had, a car. Seriously that's the easiest thing I could do, was to drive someone somewhere! I didn't have to youtube how to change a tire, I didn't have to walk 10 miles, I had to sit in an air conditioned car, and do someone a favor. How difficult right? Anyways, I just wanted to share it on my blog so that I remember Joanna and so that we all can PAY it FORWARD! :) I'm a firm believer in KARMA, and paying it forward.

No comments:

blog background