A few weekends ago, my cousin Ashee and I made these delicious eclairs. She got the recipe from someone who used to work at this bakery in Ogden, where the best eclairs I've ever had come from. So here's the recipe for these guys:
Ingredients: 1/2 cup butter, 1 cup flour, 4 eggs, 1 cup water, 1/4 teaspoon salt
Filling: 2 packages of jello powder pudding (cheesecake filling--soo goood and I don't even like cheesecake that much!!) and 3&1/2 cups of milk.
Frosting: cocoa butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar.
1. preheat overn to 400 degrees and grease a cookie sheet
2. In a medium saucepan combine 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, stirring until butter melts completely. Reduce heat to low, and add flour and salt. Stir vigorously until mixture leaves the sides of the pan and begins to form a stiff ball. Remove from heat. Add eggs, one at a time beating well to incorporate completely after each edition. With a spoon, or a pastery bag, put them on the cookie sheet. Bite sizes.
3. Bae 15-18 minutes.
4. Filling mix, like package for a pie filling, use a pastery bag or a zip lock bag with a tiny peice cut off in a corner.
5. Microwave frosting for only 10 seconds and dip the top of the eclairs and refridgerate.
- we used a ZipLock bag instead of a pastery bag, and made sure the eclair had enough room for the filling inside of the thing so I used my pinky finger to make sure they baked properly.
- ALSO, I did not dip the top of the eclairs in the frosting, I put the frosting in a bag and zig zagged it all over the pastery. Do what you'd like, but they were simple and amazingly delicious!!!